Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thing #9 Google Docs

Ok, I've been messing around with this Thing for a few days now and it was giving me trouble but now I think I've got it. I really like Goggle Docs. The contributions to the Declaration of Independence were really pretty funny. I would imagine that the same kind of "collaboration" would happen in my classroom of comedians. We'd have some fairly serious additions but then the goofballs would take over and it would fall apart. So, I won't be using this on in my classroom.

I would use it with co-workers though. I can see where it would be more efficient than emailing a document around. It could be a committee meeting without meeting. I've never been one to really enjoy committee work. Remember - a camel is a horse designed by committee. Plus, there's a lot of "get ready, get set . . . get set . . . get set . . ." but not a lot of go. Sharing documents, organizing information, collaboration on the fly are all steps in the right direction!

I'm definitely sharing this the rest of my department when we are working on policy and procedure.

No comments:

Grammar Lesson