Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thing #16 Research Tools

This is the answer to a prayer! I have been working with another teacher about teaching researching in the digital age. She and I have been struggling with how to explain why it is necessary to check your sources to make sure they are legitimate, how to use search engines, plus the general mechanics of organizing a research paper. This is a whole new ballgame for us. This is not the way we wrote papers when we were in school and I'm not that old! :-)

As I was typing this, I got a phone call from a friend (also a teacher) and coincidentally, she was wondering about this exact thing! So, I told her about the whole 23 Things project and emailed the website to her. She was going to check it out this afternoon. Talk about timely information!
Thanks 23 Things Organizers!!

No comments:

Grammar Lesson