Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thing #17 Searching for . . . answers

I had a lot of difficulty with doing the tasks for this Thing. I couldn't get the quicktime movies to work. I couldn't get the RSS feed to work. I couldn't figure out how to do the tasks we were asked to do. I'm pretty techno-savy but maybe I just didn't explore enough. I have some experience in this area though so don't feel too bad about just pushing ahead. I have used a number of tools like this for my masters classes and have taught my students how to use these search tools. We have many of them linked on our school media center webpage and encourage the use of ELM versus "googling" everything. I haven't connected searches to bloglines before since I hadn't used bloglines or other RSS feeds before so that was one thing I was looking forward to getting more experience with. I may go back and revisit that at a later date but for today, I'm calling this Thing done.

No comments:

Grammar Lesson