Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thing #12 Digging for information

I spent some time looking at these sites, mind you not an extensive amount of time but the intention of this whole Thing exploration was to quickly go through all of the things. But I digress. Using these sites would be an interesting way to plow through the vast array of websites generating news. But I just don't think it's a big time saver. Maybe if I spent a lot of time each day pouring over online news, it would be an aid but I really don't. I listen to the news on the radio as I'm getting ready for work. I scan the headlines when I change the newspapers in the media center. I watch the evening news. That's pretty much it.

My information digging is mainly on a subject to subject basis. I was hoping these sites would act more as a research gathering device. I was hoping I could type in a subject and pull articles about that subject but it didn't work that way. I did read a couple of articles that came up when I was messing around with each site but don't think I'll revisit these any time soon. I like my news from reliable, legitimate sources and I don't think John Q. Public needs to be a collaborator on everything. Somethings just need to be left to the experts.

No comments:

Grammar Lesson