Friday, March 14, 2008

Thing #14 LibraryThing

We recently upgraded our Alexandria system to allow us to include accessing the system through our school website. This will allow our patrons to search and reserve what they want to read. I don't think that LibraryThing is right for our library. I create bulletin boards of "Did you like [insert book title here] - then you'll love ...." lists. Once they come off the bulletin board, they are posted around the library. Master lists are kept behind the desk, available for request by patrons. I also plan to add those lists to our school website.

I did create an account and started to add some books but realized that it would be a HUGE time commitment for me to do all of the books I own. We have a veritable library in our home. I don't think this is a Thing that I'm going to use right now.

No comments:

Grammar Lesson