Monday, March 10, 2008

Thing 11: Tagging and Delicious

I am skipping Thing 9 for a little while. I started a Delicious account last summer and LOVE it. At the time, I didn't have my own computer so was computer hopping a lot. Having a delicious account was so nice. Keeping all my bookmarks and favorites together was really helpful. Now that I have my own computer, I was able to quickly access my delicious bookmarks to add to my new computer.

Working in a public school setting is a lot different from working in the general public sector. There are many of these tools that would be fun to use but aren't really appropriate in our school setting. Our administration is very particular about what we can and cannot use via the school's website and server. I don't think I'll be able to use many of these networking tools in my professional life but in my personal life, it's a lot of fun to think of the possibilities.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

And, you may not work at this place the rest of your life, either, so some of these tools might come in handy at a different job?

I'm glad you're finding interest in them for personal uses, though.

LeAnn Suchy
CMLE 23 Things Coach

Megan said...

Hello!

Thanks for posting a comment on my blog. I have been having a lot of fun exploring the things. Your blog is great too! I like your knitting projects- do you know about www.craftster.org? You should check it out if you haven't already.

I,too love the delicious and tagging, instead of writing an adress down and trying to find the paper later, tagging them online is so much easier!

Megan

Grammar Lesson