Monday, March 17, 2008

Thing #21 To Infinity and Beyond MySpace!

I have found my people. As I mentioned in my previous post, I have a MySpace page that I now use to connect with friends from college. I set up a Facebook page and found a friend from high school that I had wanted to reconnect with and one that I didn't. [She stole my prom date.... long story.] But now, in Ning, I have found my people. Book people. Ah, home. I don't feel like I'm going to run into one of my students on the 23 Things Ning, like I worry about on Facebook and MySpace. I did feel odd about sending off random friend requests but so far, no one has turned me down. Thanks everyone.

I am still exploring this site and figuring out how it all works. I started a discussion thread but I think I put it in the wrong place. I don't know how to move it. Sorry! I did get one response already though so that's cool.

I have also been exploring other people's blogs and am surprised at the inactive blogs. I'm glad I'm on the tail end of the exploration. I noticed that most people posted fairly short posts about their things but some people have posted really in-depth responses. Are we being graded? Are there points assigned? What's the curve? Competitive nature rising, must control urges to compete. [I wasn't an athlete in high school but still have a really competitive drive. My husband won't let me keep score when I play games with our children. It gets ugly.] I'm doing my best and that's all that matters, right?

No comments:

Grammar Lesson