Thursday, January 24, 2008

Work? Full Time? How am I suppose to get anything done?

After taking a five year leave of absence, I returned to teaching full time this fall. My children are all in school full time now so back to the daily 9 to 5, or in my case 7:30 to 3:30. The adjustment went fairly smoothly and I really enjoy my job. The problem is - when do I buy groceries? Get my hair cut? Go to the dentist? The doctor? Have coffee with my girlfriends? When did I do all those things when I worked before? I know I did it, but just haven't gotten back into a rhythm of fitting everything in around my work schedule.

Instead of getting my haircut every six weeks, it's eleven weeks. I got my son's hair cut the day before school started in September and it hasn't been cut since. It's pretty shaggy but hasn't taken on a Wookie appearance yet. Although, knowing my son, he'd like looking like a Wookie. My girls have long hair anyway so can go longer between haircuts. I cut my husband's hair so he's always looking sharp. He's offered to return the favor but so far I've passed.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Interesting blog...and welcome back to the working world...I have to make these adjustments all the time...not easy...I just try to be organized!

LeAnn said...

So, what do you think about Thing 1? I can't wait to hear your thoughts and see how you like all the rest of the things!

Cindy and I are CMLE coaches, so if you have questions, just ask us!

Grammar Lesson